архитектурный конкурс ПАРКовка

Historical information

Чайковского, начало XX века

 

Historical information 

Route of the modern Tchaikovsky street was planned by the regular plan of the city of Yaroslavl in 1778. At the end of XVIII-XIX — early XX centuries. Street name was Lyubimsky street.

On the city plan of the second half of XVIII-XIX centuries, in the territory of the park the Ershov brook flows along Lyubimsky street and into the Kotorosl.

 

Фрагмент плана города Ярославля. Начало XIX в.

A fragment of a plan of Yaroslavl. The beginning of the XIX century.

 

In 1840 the stream bed was partially buried, and the system of dams was organized on Lyubimsky street the nowadays park. According to documentary evidence from mid XIX century the following streets were situated on territory, shown above : Ascension pond, consisting of two bodies, separated by a wooden bridge, of 500 sq. sazh. and 400 sq. sazh., two wells (1 sq. sazh.), wooden stalls for 3 rooms (21 sq. sazh.) Lyubimsky meadow on the street (now Tchaikovsky st.), tree-lined square- 1130 sq. sazh. On the area of Nikitskaya st. (now the Saltykov — Shchedrin st.) there was ston police stand (2.5 sq. sazh.).

By the early twentieth century with the stormwater canalization implementation creek was dried and the ponds were filled and Lyubimsky was arranged to Voznesensky Boulevard. The square area was situated along the Lyubimsky street and near Vlasievskaya Street (now Svobody st.) to Nikitskaya st. (now S-Shchedrin). In 1910, the «The Voice» newspaper noted: «Former Voznesensky ponds heavily contaminating the air by stench in past, are now backfilled and turned into quite well arranged boulevard with long and straight avenues lined with poplar trees. Unfortunately, some of trees near Nikitskaya street, probably dried up because of the poor care for them. »

The territory of the park at that time was surrounded by a wooden fence.

In the early twentieth century, by the means of a mayor in I.A. Vahrameev on the boulevard the one-storey wooden building was built. It was free public reading room. Citing the memoirs of contemporaries: «The readings were organized on national holidays. The first part was usually some sacred history moment read by some priest. In the second part one of the teachers read anything from the literature. Reading room contained no more than 300 people and it was very difficult to get to the Sunday readings.» The house also held meetings and speeches of Yaroslavl Choral Society directed by N.N. Almazov.

Park on the Tchaikovsky streets was indicated on the plans of the Yaroslavl in 1913, 1924 in the present day Svobody and Saltykov-Shchedrin streets borders.

Lyubimsky Street was renamed to Tchaikovsky street in the 1940s.

According to the survey of Yaroslavl early 1940s., Park within the designated streets of Svobody and Saltykov-Shchedrin: in this period the trees in the park have been lost but one structure was indicated in the park on the Svobody street.

In the 1960s and 70s. the improvement works were carried out in Boulevard: trees were planted, benches and lampposts were installed.

The obelisk in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 was constructed in 1975 in the park on the Tchaikovsky street. (Sculptors L.A.Patov, N.A.Pimenov architect E.I.Hidirov).

Today the boulevard on Tchaikovsky Street is a walking place of young mothers with children, a favorite meeting place for retirees from nearby houses, the adolescents meeting spot ( they often come here from the nearby «McDonald’s») and a transit point for travel to the center. The Boulevard transforms into a road to Kotorosl embankment, a planetarium and concert and exhibition hall, which are often held by organized groups of schoolchildren.

The center of the boulevard is topped by monument commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Victory, the pedestal of which is used for extreme sports.

 

Historical information was prepared by

Grushevskaya N.L., specialist of Monument Protection Management Control, department of architecture and urban development areas of the city mayor’s office Yaroslavl

Materials: archive DARTG of Yaroslavl Town Hall

 

Социальная Революция

0 комментариев на «this post»
Add your comment